Saturday 15 January 2011

Progress - although it's slow!

I've been working all week on this christmas stocking. The progress doesn't look much so I'm getting frustrated with it!

Stocking Jan 15th

But in my defense I've been back into what were areas I'd not sewn before in order to put in the Light Effect threads. (See 2nd Jan post for comparison).
When I started this we were on holiday and I was using a small hoop so the project was portable and I didn't put in the speciality threads in case they were damaged when I moved the hoop. Now I'm sewing it at home I've got it on my roll frame, so the Light Effects won't get damaged when I roll it up the frame. So as I've been adding a bit of colour to the bottom, I've also been going back and adding white and pale blue into the mountains and the snowflakes.
Think I might have to carry on with this for another week instead of going back to Egypt.
Sandie

3 comments:

Terri said...

It is looking great Sandie :)

Miche said...

It's looking fab Sandie, look forward to seeing it progress :) xx

Cindy's Stitching said...

You are making great progress. Congrats on the sampler. I like Tatty Ted and little teds. Very pretty.