Monday 15 March 2021

I'm here again

 Decided that the time was right to make another post here. 

If you took the time to read through all of my last offering and contact me - either directly or by commenting here - thank you. I did not intend to make anyone cry - it just helped me at that point in time to set it all down. Now onwards and upwards! 

My stitching over the last 2 to 3 years has been varied. I created things to hang in my caravan, things for home or gifts and embarked on 2 very large Heaven and Earth designs. Today I'll concentrate on some of the smaller pieces.

A friend got me hooked on the Hootie collections of owls. I bought several patterns and have been stitching them in between other things - they were often what I took to hospital for appointments! To date I have finished 4 nautical Hooties (which are hanging in my caravan) and several of their Christmas Jumper Hooties. When I have done all of these I intend to sew them into a Christmas lap quilt. 

Nautical Hooties stuck to a cupboard door above the sink in the caravan. 
These I stitched onto plastic canvas instead of fabric.

The finished Christmas ones to date!

Also hanging in my caravan is a canvas with a Rosina Wachmeister cat design on it. This is taken from an artist who designs these peculiar shaped cats. I have a collection of some of her small designs and a few other pieces. 
  These are some of my miniatures
 
and this is the finished piece before I stretched it


Frog Pile - a Design Works kit I finished during our first national lockdown last year. I have to admit that I haven't yet got round to finishing this (I'm thinking maybe a cushion?)!! But the bright cheerful colours were just what I needed during those initial days when I was told to isolate because I was clinically vulnerable.







Yet another piece which was definitely destined for my caravan was Emma Congden's Beside the Sea design. I found the perfect frame to match my crossword piece, then spent some time looking for things to add to the framed picture. I made paper bunting for the top and bought some shells for the base. 


The last piece I'll add today is my Ying Yang design which again was completed during lockdown (before I started making thousands of masks like every other crafter!)

    This piece now hangs in my hallway at home, reminding me of our obligation to the environment.

Anyway enough of my waffling for today. I'd best get on and actually do something! Somehow the screen on my Samsung tablet has gone black. I've tried the recommended "fix" but still nothing. So I've located someone who will look at it and see if it can be replaced. As the shop is only about half a mile away from me, I should be alright to go there. I've had my first vaccination and always wear a mask, so precautions are still in place!

Until next time - take care, and keep safe everyone.


4 comments:

Donna P. said...

I really love looking at your finishes - you are so talented! I especially love those cats - will have to look up that pattern.

ndavis said...

Beautiful stitching Sandie. Love some of your finishes. You are so creative.

Deb said...

Wonderful projects!! Your Hooties are amazing. And the yin yang is more beautiful than i remember.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work. The Hooties are such fun and I love your Rosina cats. What a lovely collection of ornaments, I knew about the artwork and the stitched pieces but not the ornaments.