Monday 2 April 2012

I'm DONE!

Finally got another finish this year! After struggling with the choice between sewing and gardening over the last few days of good weather here (joke - no contest really!), I had to show you my finished Rose Fairy!

I'm really pleased with the way it's come out - the original pattern was made for Aida, so contained a lot of fractional stitches. I had to leave them out (as I stitched it 1 x 1 on 28 count), but it doesn't seem to have made too much difference to the overall piece. The only alteration I made (apart from those fractionals) was to do all of the backstitch in the wings in E316 - gives it a bit of added sparkle.


I decided to add the dedication here. While I was researching Flower Fairies on the web I found a copy of the Rose Fairy poem, and also a Flower Fairy Code. "Always try to be Cheerful, Neat, Polite, Friendly, Generous, Honest, Kind, Humourous, Keep secrets and Work hard". Sounds like a good wish for a child's future. So I think I'll try and incorporate both (somehow) into the reverse of the quilt. Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Gotta go now - I think I need a glass of wine to celebrate!
love
Sandie

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Sandie. Congratulations on the finish. I think the dedication poem is a sweet idea.

Hugs,
Veronica.

megan_bright said...

I love this! Congrats on your finish!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done .. it looks fab and what a lovely thing to add the poem too ... mmm can't help you with the how though ..lol love mouse xxxx