Wednesday 18 May 2011

I've been busy - honest!

I've just looked at this blog after being away - wow! I didn't realise it had been so long since I wrote anything.

Well this post isn't going to contain lots of apologies - it's MY blog - and I'll write what I like and when I like too! I saw that in someone else's blog recently, and I wholeheartedly agree! Still if I tell you a little about my life - maybe you'll see why I've been away from the keyboard lately!

First of all - the biggy! We've just come back from a tour of South Africa! We spent 16 days touring from Jo'burg, through Kruger National Park, down the Garden coast, and the Winelands, ending up in Cape Town. Our tour rep told us that we travelled over 3,000km (including an internal flight). It's been a wonderful holiday but both Mike and I have almost decided that long-haul flights will soon be a thing of the past. 11 hours in an Economy class seat leaves a lasting impression or two! When we've sorted out our hundreds of photos I'll post some soon.

Our daughter has been backwards and forwards to hospital about a knee injury she suffered several years ago. She's already had 3 arthroscopys and even an op to remove one of the screws they inserted as it started to move! When she was pregnant she gave up the painkillers which she was taking and since Jessica's birth, she's been struggling on. Recently it got so bad that she asked to be referred back to her consultant and as a result we have been travelling backwards and forwards to see her, in order to help her get to the hospital for physio sessions. She doesn't drive and a trip like that (complete with baby) would take over half a day for a half hour appointment; so we've been taking her - and it means that we get to look after Jessica while she's there so she doesn't have to worry about her during her session. And that's the icing on the cake for us! There is talk of a further operation for her - a donor tendon op - but who knows how long that will take to happen?

Anyway, my cross stitch has taken a back seat recently - I've been doing some sewing, dressmaking etc, so I've got no progress to show!

Hopefully I'll get round to some pics soon.
Sandie

No comments: