Saturday 24 February 2018

Another update

SURPRISE! I'M BACK AGAIN!!!

Well, those scans I had to have done have been completed, and I was called back to see the doctor last Wednesday afternoon. It gets more complicated now! The bone scan revealed a spot of "something" on my spine! Because it did not show up on the CT scan they need an MRI to investigate that area further. As my cancer did not show fully until revealed on an MRI, they wish to do the same - just in case! However it does appear from the CT scan, that is the only other area causing concern as nothing else shows. Because of that the operation (due yesterday) has been cancelled for now.  However they did start me on some medication which should start to slowly starve the cancer and make it shrink. IF the spot on my spine is the same, it should have the same effect, so I have to remain on these meds for 3 months, then have repeat MRI's to see if there is a difference in size. At that point we will re-enter the surgical discussion again. So far the only side effects from these meds are hot flushes - I thought I had left those behind me! Obviously not!!

Meanwhile Mike had his stoma refashioned and has seen the surgeon and the stoma nurse who are both happy with his progress. He has to go for a gastroscopy next Wednesday, so hopefully that might let him eat again. It's been hit and miss over the last few days - some days he is fine, others not. I will just be grateful if he can put back on the weight he has lost over the last month!

Today I got a beautiful piece of fabric for my Aveline project. Eostre from Chromatic Alchemy is a beautiful soft greeny blue with a slight hint of brown. It's very like the original HAED pattern background, so should look wonderful on it. I have started to grid the fabric for my sea turtle, but haven't got very far on that!

My Magical Arrival has moved on a little bit - I think I can see where the ears are supposed to be - those two pointed bits in the centre?
I am always amazed at the unlikely colours which make up the patterns -if someone had told me that the red bow was made up from browns, corals, yellow and red (of course) I'd have said they were mad - but Michele (who makes up these charts) is a genius - and the proof when you stand back is a thoroughly realistic looking bow.

Oh well, better go ad get some lunch sorted and see if Mike feels like eating today. 

Take care everyone and look after yourselves

Sandie

2 comments:

Deb said...

I hope the meds work and your next MRI is clear. Arrival is looking fantastic!!

Faith... said...

Hope the MRI doesn't show anything new and everything will ba able to be taken care of soon.

Magical Arrival is looking good! I agree, the colors are always a surprise when they come together.